Clean, containment free paint is key for a glossy, clear finish.
The Universal Detailing Clay & Lube Combo includes:
4 oz. McKee's 37 Universal Detailing Clay
McKee's 37 Universal Detailing Clay has a special clay compound that quickly and safely removes contaminants that are below the clear coat surface. Foreign particles are grabbed and pulled from the clear coat. These embedded particles cause rough, dull patches that diminish the paint's surface. This clay can also be used on wheels to remove dirt and grime that does not come off in the car wash process. Just use clay lubricant as you would on the car's painted surface. Four ounces of clay will go a long way. It's enough to clean 8 to 12 vehicles. Two ounces is enough to do 3 to 4 vehicles. Just slice the bar into quarters.
Use a generous amount of Universal Clay Lubricant onto the paint and rub the clay bar back and forth until it glides freely.
16 oz. Mckees 37 Universal Clay Lubricant
McKee's 37 Clay Lubricant provides a barrier of lubrication for a clay bar or clay mitt to work as intended without scratching or marring the paint. Compared to a car wash soap or detail spray, Mckees 37 Universal Clay Lubricant will not cause the clay bar or clay mitt to deteriorate over time. Mckees 37 Universal Clay Lubricant actually extends the working life of the clay bar because its water-based formula contains no solvents.
Premium Microfiber Towel
This is the workhorse microfiber towel. They are made of 80% polyester, 20% polyamide microfiber blend, offering the perfect balance of absorbency and cleaning power.
- On a freshly washed vehicle, mist a 2 ft. x 2 ft. area of paint with McKee's 37 Universal Clay Lubricant.
- Gently rub the clay bar back and forth across the wet area only. It will grab initially. This is the clay grabbing contaminants that protrude above the clear coat surface. When the clay glides freely, the surface is clean.
- Wipe off the area with a clean microfiber towel. Use the clay lubricant to remove any remaining clay residue.
- Before moving on to the next section, inspect the clay to see if it appears soiled. If so, reshape the clay to reveal a clean side. If you drop the clay on the ground, discard it.
- To store the clay, moisten it with clay lubricant and seal it in a plastic bag within its plastic case.
Retail value $30.98. savings of $5.99.